[Teaching Plan]Curriculum and Lesson Plan in the Phillipines


A few years back curriculum in Indonesia just updated english as one of the main subject to be learned. Unfortunately, even as a main subject in education system, english is not well enough to be taught because the minimum of using it. Indonesian people love our Bahasa as a nation language, unlike English as a foreign language. But, in this millenials era some of youth mix english and bahasa when they speak with their friends as one of their style.
I am proud to be one of the students exchange in SEA Teacher Program so that i can know the difference and compare the education system in other country. Fortunately, the country which i exchange in was Phillipines. One of the country where english as a second language instead of foreign language like in Indonesia. The curriculum in the Phillipines use K-12 while in Indonesia use KTSP, but recent 2013 the curriculum has changed become K13.
I haven’t done my teaching practicum in Indonesia, but I have seen a lesson plan in my country. There are some similarities and differences comparing lesson plan in Indonesia and in Phillipines. Lesson plan in Indonesia more simple than in Phillipines where especially in UST JHS. Lesson plan that used in UST Junior High School more complex because the lesson plan should be based on Brain Based Learning. The lesson plan put motivation in the first lesson where in Indonesia motivation put in the end of the lesson. 


These are the lesson plan that used in UST Junior High School







These are the lesson plan that I used when I was teaching in UST Junior High School. It is more simple because my mentor give me the simple one.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[School Profile, General Information, Administration]UST Junior High School

[Pedagogical Contents]Observing My Mentor's Classroom I

[Observation on Teacher]Observing My Mentor's Classroom II