[Teaching Practice]My Independent Teaching in UST JHS


My first experience teaching in academic school was exciting and nervous. I woke up at 5 in the morning, already done praying and all other stuff to be prepared. I took a walk from my dorm to the school, UST JHS where i had to do my teaching practicum. Arrived before 7.15, i prepared my material and presentation in the room that has been prepared for all of the students teacher.
I was no longer sitting at the back looking at the students’ back and walked in through the backdoor. When the time has shown 7.15 am, I walked in through the front door of St. Damian section. I stood up in front of them and greeted them. I called one student to lead the prayer. I prepared my presentation but unfortunately it couldn’t connected. My students, as I remembered their name are Jose and Bryan helped me to fix the HDMI cable. Before proceeding to the lesson, I showed my students a motivational video entitled ‘push yourself’. In the end of the video, I asked them what do you get from the video and what is the difference between push yourself and force yourself.







On the other day, I walked in to the other section after St. Damian, St. David my favorite section. Started at 9.25 in the morning, I continued the discussion of the types of writing in essay. The students always make my day happier, especially William the naughty boy who always cherished me. To make my students actively engaged, I divided the class into two groups, boys versus girls for doing debate with motion 'legalization assisted-suicide in the Phillipines'. They were excited and so was I, they were arguing each other affirmed their own statement of the motion.
Finally, on the last day of my teaching, i did my grand demo and literature of Michel De Montaigne as my lesson on that day. That was my first time taught and learned it. I was nervous and sad at the same time, because that was my last time seeing my students. Even though they were naughty and difficult to understand me, but they were respecting me like i was their own teacher who has been taught them for a long years.





I received a letter from my student in St. David, her name is Liz. As i remembered, i always asked her about the lesson because of her capability when answering my questions. I also thanked so much to the president of the class who always helped me using the projector, Mark from St. David, and Jose from St. Damian. I hope i could meet them someday when i visited Phillipines. Mahal Ko Kayo St. David and St. Damian! (I love you all St. David and St. Damian!)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[School Profile, General Information, Administration]UST Junior High School

[Pedagogical Contents]Observing My Mentor's Classroom I

[Observation on Teacher]Observing My Mentor's Classroom II